Editorial Assistance

A Multitude of Thoughts

During class, when I started to list the things I wanted to talk about on Tiffany Rambles, nothing came to mind. I stared at my one flimsy sentence and realized that I was probably gonna have to create some type of failproof-blog-topics-idea system. However, it only took a minute or so for the thoughts to start pouring out. Now this blog post will contain a multitude of thoughts - ones that don't correlate to the thought before, but I'll try - fit for my personal blog and not for my reviewing one.

My staring-at-flimsy-sentences-and-smelling-DOOM-syndrome also comes forth when I write. Not all the time, but it certainly does. Fortunately, the same thing from above happens: a multitude of paragraphs follow, and I have to connect them, and suddenly there's a chapter! Anyway, this is a long-winded way of me saying that I'd like to talk about where I'm at with my story, Savior of the Damned. If you keep up with my blog, you know that Rhemalda Publishing offered to see a full manuscript after some edits have been done. That's what I've been doing. The ideas quickly followed, and I realized that, if I wanted to deepen characterization, I'd have to add a few more chapters, remove a few, and greatly alter others. It's daunting, yes, but I'm EXTREMELY happy to know I can get lost in my story world again. I'm almost done with Chapter 1: Home Sweet Home...I think. >.< It's like more stuff keeps happening that I hadn't mentally prepared for. lol.

Since we're on the topic of writing and DOOM (this is the entirety of my mind, likeforserious), I'd like to randomly toss out there that this is also scholarship month for me. Meaning that, from March 14-28, I'll be writing loads of essays for loads of scholarships. I've won two, but I need more moneyz, so back to essay topics that are basically just the same questions rephrased. How will I balance this with novel writing and book reviews and school essays? I'll make it happen, but I think a writing burnout will occur. Let's hope not; those suck.

So, I love love love Neil Gaiman. How does this apply to anything I've said? Well, I'm an aspiring writer and he was an aspiring writer at one point, so there! Mostly, I find him to be extremely inspirational. He is living the life that I dream about all day and all night, even though I'm aware of how stressful it can be. 3-4 years ago, I attempted to read all of his blog posts. I gave up only because I had parental controls back then and some of his posts had cursing words. I HATED having to skip a post, so I just stopped reading them. Now that I'm 18 and have no computer restrictions, I can finally finish my venture. His blog is 10 years old. Will that stop me? Nope. When I was in the 8th grade, I told the public librarian that I would read every single one of the fantasy books on the top shelf. It was a loooong top shelf. She gave me a funny look. Did that stop me? Nope. I gave her what I hoped was a funny look back and dedicated that whole month to completing that.

Wow, oh wow, do I go off on tangents. >.< (Also, having been in an honors Trigonometry class, I hate the word tangent).
0 Responses