Editorial Assistance

My Current Writing Projects

<<< So, this picture has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I'm just unhealthily obsessed with the whole Silent Hill franchise, especially Pyramid Head, the symbolism in Silent Hill 2, Walter Sullivan, Jacob's Ladder (its primary inspiration), and the entirety of Silent Hill 4: The Room. Whenever I can't find a pic that is appropriate for the post, expect me to just use something I like in general. Moving Onwards!

**********************************************************

On March 1, 2011, Rhemalda Publishing will either reject or accept my novel 'Savior of the Damned.' They are the first publishing house I've ever submitted to, and I respect Rhett, the man-in-charge, as well as all the authors. They've been extremely influential and helpful, and I'll still talk to them regularly even if I don't get accepted. Also, you should look at the unveiling of the covers for the upcoming titles! It really is beautiful and of such high caliber. In the meantime, while I wait for their answer, I'm working on other writing projects. To figure out what I'm doing in the informative, nonfiction realm, check out this post at Triple R: Read, Rate, Review. Below is very general info about what I'm doing in the realm of fiction. Except for the script idea, I hope to actually find a journal and make actual cash off of the two short stories! I'm very excited about this new step in writing. Right now, I'm in a free phase, and I suppose I'll be in a free phase for a while (free phase = everything I do in the writing world is to get my name out there. I'm not getting paid for my contributions.).

Title: Gap Year
Format: Script
Genre: YA; Romantic Comedy (Oh my god, two genres I equally suck at)
Summary: It's the summer before the odd, nerdy, interracial couple go off to college (I don't know their names yet, or that much about them but stereotypical terminology). They're both the epitome of outlandish, what with their interest in anime, books, web sensations, and foreign music. The female decides that she and her boyfriend should take off a gap year to do a bunch of stupid stuff that will inevitably bring them closer, like in romance books, and maybe actually do something educational to satisfy their parents. I want it to be an awkward type of humor with somewhat believable events and an actual point by the end, sorta like Juno.
Note: I plan on writing this during Script Frenzy in April, even though April is the busiest month for me (I have to perform a story at the Blue Island Public Library, Go to Indiana University Bloomington (IUB) for a campus visit mandatory for all Groups Scholars, compete for the Academic Super Bowl, and have most - if not all - of my registration stuff for IUB complete.) However, I feel it's important that I write my first true script through Script Frenzy, just like I wrote my first actual book through Nanowrimo. It really helps me out, to have all of that support and contest exhiliration.

Title: When Darkness Grows
Format: Short Story (The way it's going, it may be a novelette).
Genre: Horror
Summary: Sydney wakes up one morning and sees disgusting black goo that looks like black maggots when she squints above her window. At first, she wants to shrug it all off as insignificant, but, as time goes by, she realizes she can't just do that. Nate, an outlandish and compulsive reader of the Dark Intent Series, believes he can rid her of the Darkness. As the days go by, though, the goo keeps growing and Sydney realizes she is running out of time. Whatever happens when Darkness grows certainly can't be good.
Note: I'm very confident that, once I finish and edit this story, I can publish it in some journal or anthology. I really like the story! The characters always surprise me, and it's the type of psychological horror I pursue. The story happens within the span of five days. So far, I'm six pages in and starting on the second day. I can't wait until it's finished!

Title: No Fourth Wall
Format: Short Story
Genre: Horror
Summary: I only have a premise for this. Basically, what happens when a character in a story is fully aware she is in a story, that some author is writing the tale?
Note: I feel like this is a hard story to portray. I have to be careful with the point of view I choose, with how many characters, with the content and the ending. I once tried to start this story a year ago, but I got too lost in how I should deliver the tale, but I REALLY want to write this one.
0 Responses