Editorial Assistance

Sick Again

Of course, I am sick again. This is due to the weather changes and frustrations. Not that that's important to this blog post at all, but I thought I'd mention it, since an odd part of me thinks you wanna know about how I can't get my nose to stop running. >.<
I've been dedicating a lot of my time to my play (12 pages in!), so I've been dedicating less time to Savior of the Damned. This isn't a bad thing. A small break from all this editing isn't destructive. Plus, I really need to stop making all these changes and leaving my critiquers with the old copies.

Because of the number of critiques I've been getting lately, I've learned that my grammar and spelling could be alot better. It's discouraging, but only a little. I have a really hard time with verb tense and proper word choice (sometimes, I can't think of the right word, so I have to get the point across in a much more long-winded fashion). When I look at the bestseller list, I get even more discouraged. Yes, I've worked my ass off on this series, but who am I to expect that I could get up there?

However, I do know that I don't need to be thinking that far ahead. In late December or early January, I should be sending my story out to agents and publishers. That's when I'll worry about that. Right now, I'll just keep doing more research into my supernatural world and improving my grammar. (But not tonight. I'm taking a nap.)
0 Responses