Editorial Assistance

Scenes and Chapters

Speaking of scenes, check out what Darcy Pattison is doing on Facebook for scenes this month! It's really helpful. I signed up to be a part of the event, though I don't think I'm quite following it right. I haven't put up a blog post daily about scenes -- I only update on Tuesdays and Thursdays -- and I certaintly haven't written an entirely new scene every day. However, I have been keeping up with the event page, as well as diligently working on my new 36th chapter for SotD.

I don't know the specifics of what makes a scene, but I do know for sure that each chapter is made up of scenes. Since I am now in the midst of having Alecia, my FMC, hide from the cops that are chasing her, I do at least feel like I'm participating somewhat. I've been working on the chapter for three days. The first two days I had to get the writing bug back, but now the paragraphs are pouring out fairly well.

Aside from writing that chapter, I've also been listing elements I'll have to flesh out and research. Five edits in and I still need to better develop my concepts: Character Sub-Plot Chart, Capitalized Terms, Romance and Death Chart, Archfiend Exploration, and Location Maps.

Oh, the fun! (I say this both sarcastically and literally).
1 Response
  1. Thanks for the shout-out. And there's no rights/wrongs to the SCENE thing, just thinking is good.

    Just being able to list what needs work is great!

    Darcy