Editorial Assistance

Back on schedule...

...at least, I certainly hope so and I am working on it.

You see, for the past week or two, things got a little bit out of control for me. I don't mean the bad type of out of control - goodness, that phrase has such negative connotations. I mean out of control in that way that things always get when an 18-year-old female falls for a guy who actually likes her back. This seems odd compared to how I felt in that one blog post, where I said that I felt romantically inept. I mean, I STILL feel romantically challenged. It's not as strong anymore is all.

Currently, things are wonderful between us. That's all I'll say on that. I know this is my personal blog, but I have more limitations here than I do at Tiffany Stumbles, and rambling on about a boyfriend - something I could easily do, mind you - doesn't seem like it would interest you very much. It could also backfire on me somewhere down the road.

So, about writing. I am exactly one scene away from finishing Chapter 3: Saumerville Central. I like that the end of the chapter has a creepy/supernatural feel. To be honest, though, I can't say I'm too fond of the rest of the chapter. I have this odd thing against chapters in books that go through a teen character's day of highschool. They irritate me, no matter how well written they are. Maybe it's because I am in highschool right now and I hate the place. Maybe it's because I think of how highschool is portrayed on sitcoms and that irritates me. Either way, I don't like reading or writing a-day-in-highschool scenes, which is why I went out of my way in every draft before this to start Alecia in in-school suspension. This time, though, I HAD to mix everything up. I'm really challenging my interests and skills this edit through.

Speaking of that, I'm very excited about the fourth chapter. It will be very supernatural and creepy, just like I like. However, it's challenging because it will be in third person...and in Levi's point of view (this will not make sense to people who haven't read my story when it was online). Most of the story will be told in first person point of view with Alecia narrating. Have you ever seen this done in a story before? I really want to do it, even if it's not completely logical. This is at least necessary for the first part of the story.

It will also be complicating because I never once stopped to fully consider what a normal day in Levi's life was like two months before the story started in other drafts. Ideas, ideas, ideas.
2 Responses
  1. I have to laugh at this because I absolutely hate the high school scenes in YA books. I can't stand them at all, and I'm not even in high school anymore. You're not alone there.

    Hope everything keeps going well with your man! :)


  2. Tiffany Says:

    Yay! I can't even really pinpoint why I do - they just...bother me. Bleeeh. Anyway, things are still going strong between us. We're really trying to cherish these two months we have together, and I think we're doing a pretty good job of it. It's both sad and very romantic. Beside that, he's like a best friend to me, and there's not one topic we haven't discussed. Still trying to balance a relationship and responsibility.