Editorial Assistance

Welcome Week

I attended the Welcome Week 2011! It looked just like that, actually. But I was sick and texted through the whole thing. It's more amusing if you're there with family and friends, but I was there alone, so it just made me feel lonely.

In other news, if you haven't been keeping up with my posts, I'm now a full student at Indiana University Bloomington. I've been here for 4 days now, but I'm not at all new to the campus. I was here for 6 weeks of the summer participating in an intensive scholarship program. I was initially very nervous that I wouldn't make the 2.0 required to pass the program and IU would reject me, but I ended up getting a 3.2 and a certificate! So it's all good. And the fun thing is, when I'm out, I often find myself showing other freshmen around the campus. I'm very knowledgeable about the Southeast side and the 9 bus, but I can't really say much for anything on the northside of campus.

I moved in a day early, but I was thrilled to be taken by my boyfriend's mom. It was an amusing ride, and I don't know how I would've gotten there without them. I wish my family could've taken me, but I know things don't always work out that way. As it is, I'm extremely grateful for my boyfriend and his family. I've said thank you lots and lots.

Have I been a terribly antisocial nerd? No, actually. I've been too all over the place for my own health, though, and the day before yesterday, when I went to Culture Fest, this was cause for a lot of stereotypical teenage angst. Bleh. Today I've forced myself to stay inside. It was supposed to be a Nerd It Up and Chill day, but I ended up having to critique 2840 words of the novel I'm working on - double the 1420ish I usually critique a day - because I forgot to critique yesterday. Was too busy buying all my books and going to financial aid meetings and eating an entire tray of free food at the Taste of IMU or something like that. And then I had to try and call a loan place and do laundry.

When I finish blogging here, I'm gonna go in the basement and try to play DDR on the big screen TV down there for like an hour or so. Then I'll come back upstairs to finish reading a fanfiction by this awesome writer who calls himself Shax Davis. I need to hunt him down and congratulate him on his writing skill!

I'll try the Nerd it Up day again tomorrow. More comics and cracked and blog reading and game playing and TVtroping. The day after that, classes start! Math first. Ew. 
2 Responses
  1. Oh, Tiffany, congrats on getting all settled in! Sounds like you're super busy, which is normal and good. :)

    This is making me miss college...


  2. Tiffany Says:

    Yep, yep. Super busy I am. lol. Got a 20-25 hour job, college classes, and a writing career/business to work on. And I'm still trying to find ways to get back home every now and then to see my boyfriend. Slowly but surely. I'm learning to cut myself some slack, but not so much where I feel pointless.